Saturday, December 27, 2014

Won't be anymore posts on baby #2

I haven't updated about it here yet, so, here goes...

Dec 8th, I went to the ER because no other doctors would see me. I had been spotting since mid November and started bleeding Dec 6th. We went and didn't get good news. The doctor examined me and we got an ultrasound. The doctor said I was slightly dilated and that there was no baby. I went in at 9 weeks, we were told everything stopped growing at 6 weeks. When we got our ultrasound, the tech wouldn't say a word. But I could see everything clearly. I could see the sac...but there wasn't a baby in there at all.

It was devastating. Still is most days. I don't understand it and I never will.

I was able to naturally miscarry at home. I have to go back, hopefully, one last time to get more blood drawn. Last they checked, my hcg leves were at 26. So they should be right where they need to be now.

We were so excited when we learned I was pregnant. We tried for just one month and we got pregnant right away. Just as fast as we got pregnant, all of a sudden it was over.

Now....I don't think I want another baby. I did at first, I was being as optimistic as possible when I was going through the miscarriage. But, if I ever have to go through that again, it will wreck me even more. Now, I'm leaning towards "one and done." Why test my luck again, right? I have one beautiful, smart, and healthy little 2yr old. She is more than enough. Silly me for thinking I wanted another one. Maybe it's just not in the cards for me. What will go wrong next time? Maybe I'll be further along and lose the baby. Maybe I'll die during labor, then neither of my kids will have a mother. So many things run through my mind about this.


I'm not sure what part of the healing process I'm in. Or if I'll change my mind about "one and done." Time will tell.

RIP baby T.E.S. xo

4 comments:

  1. Just remember you aren't alone. Many miscarriages happrn under 8 weeks and people never know why that's just Gods plan. Also many women continue to get pregnant and have healthy babies. So just give yourself some time, heal mentally and emotionally.. maybe not share until you are further along. Keep your head up Desi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Some days are harder than others. I don't regret sharing our news early. A life is a life, no matter how short. I believe they should all be acknowledged. I know miscarriages can happen at any time. When I'm pregnant again, I will still share early, I just can't help myself lol Thank you for your comment x

      Delete
  2. Hi Desiree, I'm so sorry to read about your loss. Last week, I was in a similar situation. Unfortunately though it was my 3rd consecutive miscarriage. It's incredibly painful. I'm blessed with a toddler as well. Can't yet embrace the "one and done" but wish I could!! Still hoping for a second child. Sending you positive energy and will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear you've been through this multiple times. It's the hardest thing I've done. I hope you're doing ok. Luckily our toddlers keep us busy, right? :) We have decided to still try. I would love to have another child. Best of luck to you and baby dust if you plan to try again xoxo

      Delete